Independent Private Practitioner Practice number: 0458066
HPCSA Registration number: OT0078727
Registered member of OTASA (Occupational Therapy association of South Africa)
RAF Vendor Number: 6001201
Gwen-marie Cloete is the Founding Director at Cloete Occupational Therapy (Inc), a member of OTASA, a licensed BHF practitioner, Work Well provider, and AMA guidelines practitioner, being registered at the HPCSA.
Gwen-marie is also registered and Certified as an international Coach (ACC). (Accredited through the business school of Cape Town.)
Having obtained her B Occ Ther Degree at the University of Pretoria and having completed her Masters Degree OT (M Occ Ther) Work Practice at the University of Stellenbosch, with various post graduate courses within the medico-legal and insurance industry behind her name, she has the edge of operating at an executive level.
Gwen-marie’s passion to develop a contextual understanding of the differences between teaching, counseling, managing, leading, mentoring and coaching, and when to use each type of intervention, steered her into practice and business management.
Her interest in business operations, administration systems management, program development, taking part in strategic negotiation, facilitating in-service trainings and interest in evoking excellence in others fully supports her wish to invest in leadership development, and empowering others through a transformational culture shift.
Gwen-marie’s passion for people and understanding of human rights calved out her early-on career in the medico-legal and insurance industry. Managing a nationwide medico-legal and rehabilitation network across South Africa, she developed a keen appreciation for the challenges private practitioners, claimants and attorneys are facing on a daily basis.
By being able to support medical experts (service providers), claimants, and Attorneys (clients), to ensure effective work-flow along with upholding a good qualify-standard of work, with the best interest of all in mind, brings her much satisfaction.
Qualifications pertaining to her position:
- B Occ Ther (University of Pretoria)
- Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy (Work Practice)
Post graduate certifications:
- Work Well Certified, Licenced and trained
- FCE (Matheson Approach) (Certified and trained)
- AMA Guidelines: Whole person impairment rating certified: 6th (Internationally recognized)
- Bobath (NDT) Trained and certified in the treatment of children with Cerebral Palsy.
- Trained and Certified in the field of Hand Therapy. (& Upper limb conditions)
- Trained and Certified in the field of Neuro-psychology under Eleanor Budd
- Trained and certified in the field of Paediatrics under Ray-Ann cook – Specifically focussing on ADHD children and Sensory integration.
- Mentored in the area of Work Rehabilitation under Dr. M. Soeker, and also completed my master’s degree in occupational therapy in the area of work practice under him.
- International Coach: ACC Certified and Trained. (Business school of Cape Town)
- NQF 4 Real Estate (In the process)
- Certified with regards to numerous ethics courses
- Certified in the private practice management
Areas of Expertise:
- Project Management
- Business Analysis & Development
- Team Leadership
- Operational Management
- Logistic Planning
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Change Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Strategic Negotiation
- Administrative Systems Management
Areas of specialty, with a special interest in:
Pertaining to work practice:
- Medico-legal work (RAF / 3 rd party claims, medical negligence work, injury on duty claims)
- Insurance work (Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE) – for purposes of insurance claims (Permanent / temporary incapacity leave / medical boarding / whether reasonable accommodations and assistive devices would be recommended for the client, and whether or not alternative placement would be the preferred option.)
- Functional Job Analysis (FJA)
- Disability Claims Assessment and case management
- COIDA evaluations
- Occupational Health and Safety Assessments, Work-site Evaluations
- Rehabilitation of physical, neurological and psychological conditions
- Facilitation of Return to Work Programs (Work Conditioning and Work Hardening)
- Ergonomics and Pain Management
- Corporate Counselling and coaching
Pertaining to Paediatrics:
- Sensory Processing Disorders
- Developmental Delay (low muscle tone, poor motor planning)
- Learning Difficulties (dyslexia, reading, writing & mathematical disorders)
- School Readiness
- ADD & ADHD, Autism, Down Syndrome
- Child Psychology (Mood And Behavioural Disorders, Anxiety Disorders)
View my Complete PROFILE HERE